Rainford EMC: Services / Consultancy
Offering a comprehensive selection of consultancy services
Whether you require advice at the initial conceptual stage or ideas on how to future-proof a chamber, consultancy from Rainford EMC is sure to not only save you money but also time in the long run.
Consultancy services include:
- Design advice
- Production of test and control plans
- Requirements analysis
- Project management
- Provision of bespoke solutions
Some examples of alternative design/consultancy that we have undertaken in recent years include a large secure anechoic chamber which was converted from a bomb proof aircraft hanger. Our design has enhanced this facility so it now has the following capabilities:
- Electronic Warfare (EW) systems testing
- RF emissions measurements
- EMC Interoperability assessments
- Global Positioning System (GPS) research
- Military and commercial applications
- Fast set-up and adjustment times
- High power RF emitters accommodated
- Transportable complex signal generation
The Aircraft Test Facility measures 31m (L) x 17.5m (W) x 7.6m (H) accommodating testing of large or small systems.
The buildings construction and the filtering of cables entering the building shield’s extraneous RF emissions from interfering with test results. The RF
isolation inside the ATF improves the accuracy of results compared with an open area test site. Indoors testing also negates inclement weather delays.
Work of a sensitive and confidential nature is facilitated by:
- RF isolation
- Direct coupling of generated signals
- RF filters on wiring into the ATF
- Confined within a secure site
- Annual characterisation of chamber performance
Inside the Aircraft Test Facility showing the original curved ceilingstructure. Occupied with an aircraft, ready for test.
Another example of our customer focused design capability can be seen on our 10m facility for MIRA (Motor Industry Research Association) in the UK. This unique design met all of the customers requirements and produces repeatable results which are comparable to fully lined chambers which were offered by other companies. The result was a significant saving in cost for the customer.
10m Test facility at MIRA (UK), incorporates a unique absorber design and a 70 tonne welded floor for military vehicle testing