EMC5 Anechoic Chamber
Emission Performance – 26MHz-18GHz
Immunity 26 MHz-18GHz
5m test distance testing is now regarded as an industry standard particularly where larger equipments are to be tested. There is argument to show that the accuracy is improved and certainly flexibility of 3m and 5m testing is available in the one facility.
- Effective use of space with dimensions of 10m x 8m x 5.8m High
- Emission performance of +/-4dB or better 30MHz-40GHz frequency range
- Fully compliant for Immunity in accordance with EN61000.4.3
- Ferrite and Hybrid Lining from 30MHz-40GHz measurements
- Very large emission quiet zones of 3-5m diameter
- Much lower cost than 10m testing facilities
- Flexible modular design enables easy site changes or upgrading
- Available with turntables, masts and measurement equipment
This SmartShield 5m Anechoic test chamber is a great alternative to the 10m if construction space is limited. 5 Metre Chambers offer the ability to perform radiated emissions testing at a 5 metre distance. While not required by any current standard, measurements made at a 5 metre distance have better correlation to those obtained at a 10 metre distance. These chambers also have the ability to perform full compliance testing of applicable 3 metre standards using very large EUTs. Vehicle application are common in our 5m design, due to the generous volume within the chamber created by our unique Hybrid Ferrite based solution.
These chambers perform 6 meter antenna scans above the ground plane and accommodate very large diameter turntables for testing substantial EUTs.
This is our fully compliant 5m EMC test facility which has exceptional Emission performance achieving less than +/-4dB in all frequencies and positions when calibrated in accordance with ANSI 63.4.
At 3 metre range lengths, field uniformity of 0, + 6 dB is achieved in the test frequency range of 26 MHz to 18 GHz. The test aperture is a vertical plane 1.5 metre x 1.5 metre at an elevation of 0.8 metre to 2.3 metres above the ground plane, following the field uniformity test procedure of IEC 61000-4-3.
The ferrite based design can safely withstand continuous field intensity of up to 200 V/m and intermittent field intensity of up to 500 V/m. This safely exceeds the field intensity requirements of most commercial applications.
A complete system approach is available to fully facilitate your laboratory and includes:
- Electrical distribution
- Air conditioning
- Fire detection and Suppression
- Emission & Immunity Measurement Systems